I hate flip flops. There… I said it. Out loud.
In my opinion, there are only two places where flip flops are appropriate: at the pool/beach and in the locker room/shower at the fitness club.
Why do I dislike flip flops so much? Please let me count the ways!
1) The sound of flippity floppity as people scuffle down the sidewalk makes me want to flip out!
2) Have you ever seen someone’s flip flop get stuck in the escalator? Need I say more?
3) Most people have hideous feet and having your toes abused by the pavement is not good for your pedicure.
4) Please tell me you wash your feet as soon as you get home. No?!?! Yuck.
5) Flip flops provide no support to your feet. You have back or neck pain? Let me make a suggestion: STOP wearing the flops!
6) For our brides, yes… it is an easy solution to your foot pain from your very high heels. Flip flops – even the pretty ones – may cause more problems than solutions. Keep reading.
7) Have you have fallen off your flops? Or slid out? How about walking in a long gown after an entire day/evening of drinking? Think about purchasing real dance shoes or just a change of heels to help revitalize your feet after a long day!
8) Your wedding gown was most likely not hemmed to wear flats so it will look unfitted and, therefore, unflattering.
I LOVE sandals and slides but when it comes to working a wedding, I wear loafers with great support and bring a change of shoes for the evening portion to give my feet a break as they mold themselves into the new form. I swear by that. And, yes, I do wash my feet immediately upon returning home every day from walking around in my open toe shoes!
Claudia Antony Zompa is Principal of AS YOU WISH – An Event Planning Company and Editor-in-Chief of theBrideScoop. To read more about what Claudia has to say, follow her on twitter and facebook or give her a call at (312) 920-9330.